Key activities of Central Intelligence Directorate
- Maintaining a Public Information Receiving Desk (PIRD) round the clock to receive information from the Public.
- Marinating an internal database, “Previous Offence Database” to keep records of Customs Offences.
- Analyzing and Developing Intelligence received locally and internationally.
- Issuing alerts and disseminating of information accordingly.
- Entering significant cases done by Sri Lanka Customs to the WCO – CEN Database.
- Keeping vigilance on CEN and alerts issued by WCO & RILOS.
- Acting as the NCP for Regional Intelligence Liaison Office of the Asia & Pacific (RILO A/P) and focal point for international enforcement coordination.
- Corresponding with other enforcement Agencies. (Police, Armed Forces, Import Control Department, Sri Lanka Standard Institute, Cosmetics Drugs &Dangerous Drugs Authority etc).
- Intercepting high risk cargo consignment by reviewing cargo manifests and based on intelligence and cause investigations.
- Operating of container Security Initiative project (CSI) at the Colombo Port.
(Containers bound to United States ports will be pre- screened at Colombo port jointly by the US Border Control staff and Sri Lanka Customs staff)