1. We have more than one director in our company, is it necessary to get signatures of all the Directors?
No, but at least two directors should signed on behalf of the company.
2. One of our directors/partners is a foreign national living aboard, how can we get the registrations?
You have to submit the certified copies of the passport for registrations of that particular person; the certification authority is a lawyer of the partner's country. If you are not in a position to submit a certified copy, fax his passport details to the Spezialized Services Branch fax number 0094112430691 directly. In that case the applicant company will be registered for the given shipment, pending submission of required documents.
3. One of our directors (Sri Lankan) is abroad and will not return in near future.
Fax his passport details directly to the Spezialized Services Branch Fax No. 0094112430691. The applicant will be registered for clearance of the given shipment only pending submission of the proper documents upon his arrival to Sri Lanka.
4. We are not in a position to trace the Gramasevaka/Gramaniladari, whether it is mandatory to get the certification from Gramasevaka in application form?
Except for BOI Companies situated in Zone (viz. Katunayake, Biyagama, Meerigama, Koggala, Horana, Pallakele etc), Gramasevaka certification is mandatory.
5. We don't have any company account because company is a newly formed.
If you don't have then you can leave this part
6. We have a large number of transactions, what are the scope for obtaining Accounting/Bank details?
There is no limitation, if you submit much more details it can be considered that this company is actively involved in business activities.
7. If I submit an application for registrations today, for how long it will take to register in the Customs Department?
Generally it takes few minutes.
If all the particulars are correct, Limited liability Company will be registered at the time of submission. However, applications of sole proprietorship and partnership companies' have to register at the Customs Specialized Service Unit (ground Floor). This is an independent unit and ADP has no mandatory to make answers for their requirements. (The phone number of that unit is Sri Lanka Customs Exchange 011-2421141(Extension 3639)). However applications with registration will be registered at the time of submission to the Spezialized Services Branch.
8. What does the word mean "Introducer"?
If there is a registered importer or declarent who can introduce you, is stated as an "Introducer". If there is such a person, it will be useful for officers to ascertain the details quickly.
9. Who is the Declarent?
Normal importer or Exporter can't deal with the Customs directly. There is a registered person who involved with cargo clearing or forwarding matters. This person is identified as "Declarent" or "Customs House Agent". If you have not selected any declarent at the time of registration you can ignore this cage.
10. I have not prepared a company rubber stamp yet, whether is it mandatory to stamp the applications?
11. What is form 48 or, form 01?
Form 48 (now Form 1)is issued by the Registrar of company which includes the details of directors and main objectives of the business.
12. Our in Zone address has been changed, what is the procedure for changing the address?
Please inform to Inland Revenue Department and get a new VAT registration certificate with the new address. Original VAT certificate together with the photocopy should be submitted to the Customs VAT counter for re-registration along with a covering letter from the relevant company.