1. Who are the parties eligible to seek Assistance from Legal Affairs Directorate?
2. What are the main areas of Services provided by the Legal Affairs Directorate?
- Departmental officers, through their respective DC, who intend to seek further Legal Assistance.
- All Directorates of Sri Lanka Customs Department on Legal matters related to Legal Representation, Agreements, International Conventions, Treaties, etc.
- All other State Agencies on Legal matters related to the Customs Department.
Services are provided by the Legal Affairs Directorate in two main directions as follows:
- Legal Affairs
In this direction, Legal Affairs Directorate undertakes to advise the Customs Department in Legal issues, Coordinate with other institutions related to Legal matters, Study the deficiencies and suggest the improvements required in Legal procedures applied in the Customs Department.
- Litigation Management
In this direction, Legal Affairs Directorate attends Superior Courts for customs related cases and assists other Directorates in Litigation related matters.