Narcotics Control Unit
Our vision is to be a leading and dynamic law enforcement agency in preventing trafficking of Narcotic drugs and Psychotropic substances in to the country and monitoring importation of narcotic precursor chemicals and their illicit usage.
- Prevent, combact abuse of and illicit traffick in Narcotic drugs and Psychotropic substances.
- Work in co-operation with other government statutory and non government authorities and agencies to enforce relevent drug laws.
- To ensure implementation of national obligations under various International convensions in respect of illicit trafficking of drugs and psychotropic substances.
- To work in co-operation with relevent foreign authorities and international organizations.
- Training of staff to assess and analyze existing and emerging challenges.
- Conducting awareness programmes to make the society knowledgeable on abuse of Narcotic drugs.